Welcome to the website of journalist, copywriter and sub-editor Julian McLeod.
I am a writer and editor with more than two decades’ experience as a senior journalist. I write and edit copy to order.
I have worked for several publications in print and online in both the UK and Australia.
I started my career in 1996 as a trainee reporter on the Enfield Gazette. Career highlights since then include eight years as a senior sub-editor for the Daily Telegraph in Sydney and a stint as a reporter for the Sunday Mirror.
These days I provide copywriting and editing services for businesses big and small, as well as organisations in the public and voluntary sectors.
I can write about most subjects for any audience – broadsheet or tabloid – and particularly enjoy anything related to economics, politics, finance, markets, sound money, energy, cleantech and sustainability. I also like making technical and otherwise complicated subjects easy to understand and interesting to read about.
- Copywriter and copy editor, Write Copy Edit, since August 2017: Self-employed copywriter and copy editor. Write and edit reports for large organisations and copy for websites. Specialist subjects include finance, markets, economics, sound money, cryptocurrencies, politics, sustainability, energy and cleantech. Occasional blogger on related issues.
- Regional co-ordinator: Managing a team of sub-editors with responsibility for multiple titles throughout the UK.
- Multimedia editor
- Senior sub-editor, Daily Telegraph, News Corp Australia
- Reporter for the Sunday Mirror
I have an economic and social history degree from the University of Liverpool, A-levels in economics, politics and law and an NCE in journalism.
Among the services I offer are:
- Blog posts;
- In-depth articles;
- Annual reports;
- Proofreading and editing;
- Page layout for anything in print.
Get in touch:
If you would like to talk to me about writing for you or your business, complete the form or email julian at writecopyedit.com and I will get back to you promptly.