Welcome to Write Copy Edit, the website of Julian McLeod.
I am a copywriter and editor with more than two decades’ experience as a senior journalist. I write and edit copy to order.
I have worked for several publications in print and online in both the UK and Australia.
I started my career in 1996 as a trainee reporter on the Enfield Gazette. Career highlights include eight years as a senior sub-editor with the Daily Telegraph in Sydney and a stint as a reporter at the Sunday Mirror.
I can write about most subjects for any audience – broadsheet or tabloid – and particularly enjoy anything related to economics, politics, finance, markets, sound money, energy, cleantech and sustainability. I also like making technical and otherwise complicated subjects easy to understand and interesting to read about.
- Write Copy Edit, Aug 2017 – present. Self-employed copywriter and copy editor. Specialist subjects include finance, markets, economics, sound money, politics, sustainability, energy and cleantech. Occasional blogger on related issues.
- Newsquest, Nov 2010 – Aug 2017.
- Regional co-ordinator, May 2015 – Aug 2017. Managing a team of newspaper sub-editors with responsibility for multiple titles throughout the UK.
- Multimedia editor, Nov 2010 – May 2015. Designing newspaper pages and sub-editing copy in print and online.
- News Corp Australia, Sep 2002 – May 2010. Senior sub-editor, Daily Telegraph, Sydney. Working on Australia’s leading tabloid newspaper.
- Trinity Mirror, Apr 1999 – Aug 2002.
- Sub-editor, Hounslow Chronicle, Apr 2000 – Aug 2002.
- General news reporter for the Sunday Mirror, Apr 1999 – Mar 2000.
I have an economic and social history degree from the University of Liverpool, A-levels in economics, politics and law, and an NCE in journalism.
Services I offer include:
- Blog posts;
- In-depth articles;
- Annual report writing;
- Proofreading and editing;
- Page layout for anything in print.
Get in touch:
If you would like to talk to me about writing for you or your business, complete the form or email julian at writecopyedit.com and I will get back to you promptly.